Agile Project Manager
NewsUKUK (Remote)23d ago
We are; News UK a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
We are; Technology an innovative department with people and product at our heart, and winners of the Real IT Awards 2018 “Best Place to Work in Digital”. Passionate and trusted experts creating industry-leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent. Christina Scott (CIO of the Year, Women in Technology 2016), leads the department and has worked for many years transforming technology teams in media companies.
We are; MAIN a product team that constantly strives to be the benchmark in subscriptions technology and engage in the transformation from legacy architecture to a new PaaS (Platform as a Service) platform. We are responsible for subscription applications that support News UK brand portfolios and enable areas such as identity, access, subscription products, billing and account management. Our Project Managers deliver through cross-functional teams and/or external development partners to create the best outcomes for our audience and our business.
Your Role; We’re looking for an Agile PM to join MAIN. You’ll work on delivery of the new software as a service platform development alongside changes to the existing applications, and integrating with other Technology platforms and products as well as migrating existing business products and processes. You’ll work with passionate teams who look to experiment and drive the platform forward for all News UK titles. You should be capable of adapting and evolving Agile processes with your peer Scrum Masters and Programme Manager, and provide mentoring and advice to others.
You’ll show passion for technical challenges and the bravery to take risks with bold ideas. We want you to help us build self-organised, highly motivated teams with the curiosity to unravel complex problems and the optimism to take exciting, innovative approaches. We’re willing to explore part-time working options if it helps with your circumstances.
What We’re Looking For From You
- End-to-end delivery across multiple teams by prioritising around business value and validating benefits with customers
- Exemplary management of stakeholders through proactive communication and exception handling
- Improving ContinuouslyTaking a methodical approach to prioritising team improvements by balancing cost vs. value to the team
- Facilitating with ImpactVersatility in facilitation approaches (including facilitating from the sidelines) to foster greater collaboration between colleagues
- Leading with AgilityApplication of Agile approaches to build collaborative, cross-functional teams delivering value to the business
- Planning EffectivelyManaging your teams’ dependencies through influence, collaboration and organisation
- Experience ofDelivering change and with both technology and business teams
- Project management as well as agile development
What's in it for you? We are a diverse and dynamic team, with opportunities to learn and develop your skills in a supportive environment. We have an amazing office, a flexible working pattern and a great team culture. We’ll help you deliver your best work and grow you with career and personal development through training, conferences and courses.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK. Alongside pay, we offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- A comprehensive private medical scheme covering pre-existing conditions;
- Maternity leave of up to 18 weeks full basic salary and paternity leave of up 2 weeks full basic salary;
- Discounted rates for Fitness First gym membership for employees and immediate family;
- A range of different flexible working options, which can be requested by employees;
- Interest free commuter loan of up to £10,000 tax free
- ‘Bikes For Work’ scheme to save income tax and national insurance;
- Up to four Volunteering Days per year for employees to use on charities of choice;
- Health and wellbeing benefits including on-site physio/massage, counselling, legal advice, and others.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.